Thursday, September 4, 2008

First day of Kindergarten . . .

My oldest daughter is at her first day of kindergarten today. It's quite a bit quieter around here. She's a very sweet child but between her and my middle child they can get into quite a bit of trouble. It's been really fun getting into the "back to school" stuff. And we went on a special shopping trip for clothes which is something we haven't done before. I'm really enjoying having girls so I can help them pick out things and relive some of my childhood (yes, I still like Barbies). Her daddy got to walk her to the busstop this morning so I wouldn't have to wake up the other girls. He said she was so excited to get on the bus that he managed to get a quick hug out of her and then she didn't even look back. So she's very excited and knows a bunch of kids in the class already so it should be a fun day for her. But do I wish I was sitting in the back of her classroom right now so I can watch her all day? YES!

5 comments:

Sue said...

great pics Becca...and I'm sure that she is having a wonderful day that she will tell you all about when she gets home. take care.

Anonymous said...

weird feeling hey?? LOL her backpack is as big as Josh's....

Teresa said...

I love how she looks like she's dragging Brad to the busstop.

Pauline Perh said...

Oh..... her bag is really big....hope that she is not overloaded.

Our Busy Little Bunch said...

Her lunchbag was clipped to the outside of the bag so it made it look bigger than it was. All that first day stuff like inside shoes and a change of clothes got to stay at school so it was a much lighter load coming home.