Friday, December 5, 2008

some Christmas baking . . .

I recently participated in a winter baking apron swap. The reason I love the idea of swapping an apron instead of just making one for myself is that it's much easer to enjoy something that someone else lovingly made for you than something you probably wouldn't otherwise make for yourself. Yes, sewing for myself is not easy because I'm my worst critic. It's also fun to think of someone else and put together a special package for them. Yesterday I received my apron and a pile of goodies from my swap partner in the apron swap. So the girls and I put on our aprons today and got baking. I love the mini cookie cutters and we made a pile of cookies and some peppermint fudge.
My partner did a beautiful job on the snowman applique on the apron and since Alyssa was more than happy to try it on, I let her show it off for some pics. I love the extra long straps so I can tie it in the front and the fact that the snowman is actually a pocket.
She also sent some special winter stuffies for the girls which they LOVE.

She also put in some appliqued snowman tea towels, a couple recipes, a mini cutting board (which is in my dishwasher) and a snowman card. Thanks Kristi for being such a great swapper!

2 comments:

kristib said...

Alyssa looks adorable in the apron! I'm glad you enjoyed the package, it was fun to put together for you. And I love the Emmaline you made! It's beautiful!

Sue said...

Love how it looks on Alyssa! Everyone sure enjoyed all the treats you received from the swap. What a deal! Have fun with it all!