Saturday, March 22, 2008

Does this scare you?

My older girls cannot keep their hands off of their baby sister (which I'm sure is very typical - their own live doll!), but I cannot stand it when they pick her up and put her on chairs, couches, or beds and then walk away!! My baby barely crawls, and doesn't stand at furniture yet, so I think the risk of suddenly lunging herself off of something is quite probable. And it doesn't matter how many times I tell the older girls (especially my oldest!) to stop picking her up, dragging her around, and the likes - they just do it again as soon as my back is turned! And the exersaucer, playpen, and highchair are becoming less and less entertaining for my little one - all she wants is some toys and the floor so she can explore.

Somedays, I really look forward to kindergarten.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

It didn't scare me until I read she can't stand etc. Rebecca there is not much you can do but keep on reminding the older girls that Alyssa can get hurt pretty bad if they don't watch it .... unfortunately that is life with older siblings!!

Sue said...

Yeah, that is pretty scary. I suppose all you can do is stay on top of the older girls and hope that Alyssa doesn't get hurt. She looks cute in the chair though ...