Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Life with little kids . . .

Language of 3 and 5 year olds:
*polka dots are pronounced "polka nuts" and don't bother trying to correct that one!
*chicken pox are a type of cereal and they were disappointed that we didn't have that kind.
*the sides of cereal boxes are called "walls"
*ponchos are called "pawnshops" and Chantel is quite proud that she has two pawnshops!


I know there's many more . . . I just have to start writing them down!


And I had to share this cute pic of Alyssa. I was busy unloading/loading the dishwasher and after rolling/crawling around the floor for a bit, she settled on her back totally relaxed and just watched me. Then when I pulled out the camera, she nicely spit out the soother and gave a wave. And because I have digital and took lots of pics, the flash went off a few times - and she was just blinking like crazy afterwards from the flash like she was experiencing the light when your eyes are closed; it's so cute that they figure these things out.


1 comment:

Mom Aikema said...

What a sweetheart. Good idea to write down things the kids say, because you sure do forget them quickly! Sure are cute though.